Simplified NCCP Coaching Pathways
As a community coach we acknowledge the time and effort you put in to help our players and parents learn and understand the great game of football. After completing our Basic Requirements to coach, If you would like to increase your understanding of the game there are certification levels for coaches. At the PeeWee and Bantam levels we would appreciate our coaches to become TRAINED in the “Competition – Introduction, Position Coach” Pathway.
Capital District Minor football Association(CDMFA) has started an annual clinic, the “Community Sport Initiation Workshop” module is available at this Clinic, along with Minor Football related breakouts.
Every year(march?) the U of A has put on a coaches Clinic. We like to send coaches here to learn, and to become NCCP certified in the “Competition – Introduction” pathway. This clinic is mostly geared towards 12man football at high school and above competition levels. The skills and drills learned at these clinics can be applied at any level of football.
Here is a very simplified National Coaches Certification Program(NCCP) Pathways explained.
IN TRAINING = Have not completed everything yet.
TRAINED = Have attended the clinic, and completed modules.
CERTIFIED = Have taken the extra step and been certified by an instructor.
Community coach (Novice, Atom, PeeWee, Bantam)
- Complete our coaches requirements
- You can stop here.
Competition – Introduction, Position Coach (PeeWee, Bantam)
- Complete our coaching requirements.
- Attend a Competition introduction workshop. (2 positions/clinic)
- Become TRAINED in your chosen Position.
- You can stop here. This is asked because of the modules included in the Comp – Intro Course. Making ethical decisions, Planning a Practice, Long Term Athletic Development.
- Become a CERTIFIED Position Coach.
Want more? Coordinators are mentors and organize position coaches below them.
- Take a Competition – Introduction, Coach Coordinator Course.
- Become TRAINED as a Coach Coordinator.
- This is a good place for our Head Coaches, but not required.
- Become a CERTIFIEDCertified Coach coordinator.
Even more? Head coach Certification is beyond Buffaloe Football needs.
- Take a Head Coach Course.
- Become TRAINED as a Head Coach.
- Become a CERTIFIED Head Coach
- Apply for Jobs at Higher level Football Teams.
- Remember the Buffaloes and help us, help our athletes even more.
Coach.ca and Football Canada are great resources for Football Coaches to learn and grow.
Any Questions please contact our Coach Coordinator.