Hello Camrose Buffaloes Families,
I felt it was important to let you know we, the Board, coaches and other field staff, are thinking about our football family and wanted to provide an update. Usually at this time of year we would be busy getting ready for our annual spring camp. But this isn’t a usual year, and despite the nice weather, we are not able to get together and play our favourite game.
The Board and field staff have been continually reviewing information provided by government, Football Canada, Football Alberta and our league, the CDMFA.
Here are the current updates:
Spring (May – June):
- All spring activities have been cancelled.
- All the City of Camrose recreation facilities are closed.
- Football Alberta has suspended all insurance coverage until further notice. Typically, any time we are together or doing anything football related, our insurance covers us. This means we cannot hold any sort of gathering as a club. (Of course, we can’t anyways with the current AHS mandates of physical distancing.)
Fall (August – November):
- We are monitoring all communication from the government and our football governing bodies. As of now, we have not been given any direction on the fall season. There is a lot of discussion happening as to how we may possibly be able proceed.
- Registration is on hold until we have an understanding of the fall season.
- When the season begins, we will be following all procedures provided by Alberta Health Services, our football governing bodies, and the City of Camrose to keep our athletes, coaches, staff and families healthy and safe.
- Fees, fundraising and volunteer commitments will be re-visited once we understand what will happen with the fall season.
What are we doing now?
- • Our Coaching Director and Head Coaches have been working on putting together some videos for the players. These will be shared soon for each division and will focus on developmental skills. We encourage all our players to keep active, work on the skills and drills provided by the coaching staff. Parents, guardians, and siblings, you may need to give them a hand.
- We will be reaching out to families in different ways to still be engaged. Keep your eyes on our Facebook and this website for more details.
- Football Alberta has been offering various sessions virtually for coaches, trainers, managers, boards etc. Many of our volunteers have been taking various sessions to help improve our program.
- The Board is still meeting regularly, virtually, to continue planning and preparing for the future.
- Please know that WE ARE HERE TO HELP. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if there is something we can do to help. I have plenty of resources and want to make sure everyone is doing alright. I encourage you to check out the resources available from Alberta Health Services for these challenging times. https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/amh/Page16759.aspx
The current health crisis has changed many things in our lives, and this football season will be different as well. No matter what the season is, please know that our athletes have always been our focus, and this will not change.
Please encourage your kids to reach out to their teammates, stay active and exercise regularly, and follow our Facebook page for more ways to keep connected.
Stay healthy and safe,
President, Camrose Buffaloes Football Association